Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Awkward reading? Follow up question, Velcro shoes?

So as I've been getting into the blogging world I have noticed that there are some things that should just be left unsaid. I mean yes, it's true that I follow your blog because I enjoy hearing about your life. But there are honestly some things that you should just keep to yourself. I digress...

Now for the real post!

Velcro shoes.

Velcro shoes are such a fickle thing. As Kenzie and I were discussing the do's and dont's of footwear, she told me about a stunner in her music class who rocks the velcro sneakers. It's interesting to me that she brought up the subject of velcro shoes because I have personally always been a supporter. Granted, I haven't worn them since my early youth, I can see why people would choose to where them. I mean honestly people, stopping to tie your shoes can really take a chunk of your free time. So take that into consideration as I move on to part two of the discussion.

What ages are velcro shoes considered taboo, if you will. Naturally the youngsters can pull off wearing the velcro with Optimus Prime on the side, but can a snack-sized teen, who just so happens to still fit into size 13 kids shoes, still sport the superhero (or superhera if I'm being PC) velcro sneaker? I have a tough time saying yes. Or no for that matter. It's just a murky answer to me. So let us take society's current standards and apply them to the velcro sneaker.

Ages 1-10, maybe older even but well cut off at ten for rounding purposes, society is ok with velcro on yo feet! Ages 12-18, people who wear them are either very funny, very weird, or are just trying to save time. Still no clear answer. Ages 18-25, get real people, you're trying to start your career, let me put it in words you will understand "The 'CRO has left its nest"-Quit wearin 'em. Ages 25-70, now this is where the masses reside, you are working full time, dress classy, thus no 'cro. Not to mention you are most likely raising children, let the kids have their glory days with the velcro shoes. Don't steal the spotlight, that's just immature. Ages 70-death, velcro shoes are back my friends. The crow has returned. You are free/free as you'll ever be/free to wear the velcro/preferably in white, like snow. That one was a haiku I think.

Keep in mind that everything above is one young man's observations and application of what he has seen society permit. All I know is this, when I turn the big 7-0, I hope my future wife read this post. What I'm saying dearest wife of the future, I want some fresh Nike Velcro High Tops on the 4th of May, 2062.

Thanks for listening. (I know you're actually reading, but you are essentially listening to the thoughts that I put in your head. I am controlling you're thoughts. Still, I'm still doing it. Goodness you are pathetic. Quit reading this. Ok, stop on three, 1-2-...oh look you're still reading haha DORK. You love me, and I own you. Sounds good to me. You want to give Bret Clapier money. Quit reading, well quit after you finish the rest of the post. I continue to control your thoughts.) I'll leave you with a thought, when can the classic Light-Ups of our youth be worn? TAI. Think About It.

3 comments:

  1. So I just got a blog. Would it be wrong to write about my stomach virus and delivering my first child? I was just wondering. Also, cros are rad, I have a story about cros actually. Lolz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you love me, and i own you.
    hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i own a pair of sky blue velcro vans. i rock them hard.

    ReplyDelete